Who is Amina Khatib?
Amina Khatib has over 20 years of experience in teaching and is a qualified SENCo. She managed a Children’s Centre in Lambeth which achieved OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ whilst she was the Deputy Manager and Centre Teacher. She is passionate about the outdoors and is a Level 3 qualified Forest School Leader.
Amina became a STEM Ambassador in 2019 and provides Coding and Robotics workshops for children aged 7+ in Wandsworth and Lambeth. She is also an Early Years Specialist and provides EYFS Consultancy to local Childminders and Nurseries.
Since becoming self-employed, Amina provides home tuition and tutors across both KS1, KS2 and lower KS3, as well as providing support for SATs and 7+, she’s built up a large client base of parents seeking support for their children struggling in English and Maths. This has led to her seeking new and innovative resources such as the Rapid Recall Whiteboard for her students.
She found that the Rapid Recall Whiteboards ticks all the boxes and had an immediate and positive impact on the teaching of maths. She finds the whiteboards are very versatile and uses it as an assessment and diagnostic tool, as well as a Maths starter.
Qualifications and Experience:
- STEM Ambassador
- Forest School Leader – Level 3
- Mental Health and Well-Being Workshop Leader
- PGCE Diploma in Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
- Early Years Professional Status
- PGCE – Primary
- BSc Hons – Human Psychology/Society & Government
- Prior to teaching, Amina worked for the BBC as Radio Production Assistant at Pebble Mill for the Asian Network, highlighting issues affecting South Asians.
Coding and Robotics for Kids aged 8+ – see website www.start2code.co.uk for more information on the workshops.
Please contact Amina through her website www.openscape.co.uk
Amina is also on Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/aminakhatib