Who is Lindsey Hassan?
Lindsey has been teaching since 2004 and has taught across all primary phases. She is an experienced senior, maths and EYFS leader and has worked with schools across the North-East delivering staff training, supporting practitioners, and working with school leaders. She is also a fully qualified Forest School Leader and is currently researching the pedagogy and practice of maths teaching through forest school settings.
Lindsey has launched her own company, MathsFirst, to share her passion for early and primary maths education. The purpose of MathsFirst is to promote creative, inquisitive, resilient mathematical thinkers. She supports schools in developing a maths curriculum that focuses on the challenge, creativity and beauty of maths. She works with teachers and children in school settings to motivate, enthuse and raise self-esteem so all children believe in their ability to do maths.
Lindsey is a Work Group Lead for the Great North Maths Hub leading on their Primary Mastery Readiness Programme and also the Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme for Early Years. Lindsey is an NCETM accredited CPD lead.
- INSET, twilight and staff meetings for schools
- Coaching and individual support for teachers
- Supporting leadership and management of maths across the school
- Facilitating training events
- Cluster CPD for groups of schools
- In-class support developing resource and ideas matched to the school’s children
- Forest School Sessions for EYFS – Y6
- Forest School Maths CPDf or practitioners
Lindsey is also part of the Newcastle Primary School Maths Leaders Network.
How do I get in touch with Lindsey Hassan?
You can reach out to Lindsey via…
Her website: https://www.mathsfirst.org/
LinkedIn: Lindsey Hassan