What are the Concept-in-a-Pocket Kits?
Our Concept-in-a Pocket kits meet every key Primary National Curriculum objective from the 2014 Curriculum for English and Maths.
Subject specialists have carefully created these kits that are organised by key stage and strand.
EVERY activity has a clearly visible learning objective and National Curriculum link; saving teachers valuable planning and preparation time.
Teachers can use the ‘Teacher Handbook’ as they plan; this provides a wealth of information on ways to use the activities and provides a table that identifies which activities meet the curriculum objective that the teacher has planned to teach. With between fifty and ninety templates in each pack, pupils encounter a vast array of structured images and tasks. Children love to have them by their side as they work to support their ideas and understanding.
How to use
- Using the teacher booklet, find the National Curriculum objective that you plan to cover. Identify the templates that meet this objective. For example, in Lower Key Stage 2, templates 1-6 of the geometry booklet meet the National Curriculum objective ‘To draw, name, compare and describe a range of 2D shapes and sort them according to their properties.’
Look at the descriptions of the templates with suggested teaching ideas in the teacher handbook to choose your activity.
- Print the correct template and pop it into the write-and-wipe pocket and you are ready to teach!
What do I need?
- Everything required to use the templates is included in the kit. Each kit contains the following;
- Activity template booklet including between 50 to 90 activity templates
- Teacher handbook
- 10 drywipe pockets
- 10 fine drywipe pens and erasers
- CD containing all the activity templates which you can print from
Where can the Concept-in-a-Pocket be used?
- In starter sessions to revise previous concepts or to assess prior understanding
- In small groups to develop deeper knowledge
- As a learning aide – sitting beside pupils as they work
- In intervention groups to revisit key concepts.
- As an interactive part of your working wall
- Using the clear pockets you can also create your own custom templates